InstagramTwitterSnapChat

وصف

العودة   منتديات سكاو > الكليات الجامعية > منتدى كلية الآداب والعلوم الإنسانية > قسم اللغات الأوروبية و آدابها

10 Brain training exercises to boost learning

قسم اللغات الأوروبية و آدابها

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع إبحث في الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
منتديات طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك عبد العزيز منتديات طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك عبد العزيز
قديم 08-01-2012, 06:43 AM
الصورة الرمزية saadoony

saadoony saadoony غير متواجد حالياً

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2009
الكلية: كلية الآداب والعلوم الانسانية
التخصص: English Language
نوع الدراسة: متخرج - انتساب
المستوى: متخرج
البلد: منطقة الرياض
الجنس: ذكر
المشاركات: 2,329
افتراضي 10 Brain training exercises to boost learning

These brain training exercises are based on the work of Dr. Carla Hannaford a neurophysiologist and educator with about 30 years of teaching experience. Dr. Hannaford maintains that learning occurs in every part of our bodies, not just our brains & that intentional body movements can contribute to our learning.

Her ideas are specifically targeted to school age children but the principles apply to young & old adults as well.

Don’t be fooled by the seeming simplicity of these Brain Gym Exercises. Educators & students attest to the beneficial effects of these movements. It might be like walking which is so simple & easy but done consistently has a tremendous impact on well being.

Hannaford’s ideas are presented in her aptly titles, excellent book “Smart Moves.” Following are 10 free brain exercises based on Hannaford’s book. For more, simply pick up a copy of Smart Moves.

These & other brain training exercises are also especially effective for children with learning difficulties. A good time to perform them is right before learning activities.

Read through the list once or twice before trying the movements then dive in, enjoy but be patient.

Before introducing the brain-body movements, a piece of advice from Dr. Hannaford that we fully agree with - DRINK WATER! In fact, we, Healthy World Online, have a whole website on the importance of water. Click for the importance of healthy water.

Our brains are 90% water & depend on it to think clearly. Just think of how fuzzy minded you get when you lose water when exercising. Replenish and you’re back to normal.

Drink water, or have children drink water, before & after learning, especially before exams. Be consistent & patient & see how this impacts you in a few weeks or even days.
10Free Brain Gym Exercises
1) Cross Crawl, another of the brain gym exercises that helps with spelling, writing, listening, reading and comprehension by coordinating the right & left brain. brain gym exercises, effects exercise, free brain exercises, brain training exercises

* Stand or sit. Place your right hand across the body to the left knee as you raise it, and then do the same thing for the left hand on the right knee just as if you were marching. Do this for 2 - 3 minutes.

2) Brain Buttons This free brain exercise increases blood flow to the brain. The extra blood flow, the extra water, switches the brain ON, improves attention required for learning & performing.

* Position one hand so that there is as wide a space as possible between the thumb and index finger, like a large letter “L.”

* Place your index and thumb into the slight indentations below the collar bone on each side of the sternum. Press lightly in a pulsing manner.

* At the same time put the other hand over the navel area of the stomach. Gently press on these points for about 2 minutes.

3) Lazy 8s improves visual attention & eye mobility needed for reading.

*Align body with a point at eye level. This will be the midpoint of the 8.

* Choose a comfortable position for drawing the Lazy 8, adjusting the width and height to fit your needs.

* Start on the midline and moves counterclockwise first, up, over, and around. Then move clockwise: up, over, around, and back to the beginning midpoint.

* As the eyes follow the Lazy 8, the head moves slightly and the neck remains relaxed. Three repetitions with each hand separately and then both together.

4) Arm Activation, one of our free brain exercises, helps increase attention span.

* Reach up above your head with your left arm, lengthening from your rib cage. Hold your arm just below the elbow with your right hand.

* Now isometrically activate your left arm for a few seconds in each of four positions away from your head, forward, backward, and toward your ear. Rest your left arm again at your side. Now stand and let your arms hang comfortably by your sides.

5) Hook Ups are an example of how effects of exercise include improvement of mood, lessening of anxiety.

* Stand or sit with the right leg crossed over the left at the ankles.

* Take your right wrist and cross it over the left wrist and link up the fingers so that the right wrist is on top.

* Bend the elbows out and gently turn the fingers in towards the body until they rest on the sternum (breast bone) in the center of the chest. Stay in this position.

* Keep the ankles crossed and the wrists crossed and then breathe evenly in this position for a few minutes. You should feel noticeably calmer after that time.

6) Thinking Caps helps with spelling, short-term memory, listening ability & abstract thinking.

* Perform this brain training exercise by using your thumb and index finger to gently pull and unroll the outer part of the ear, starting from the top and slowly moving to the lobe. Pull the lobe gently. Repeat three times.

7) Calf Pumps improves concentration, attention, comprehension, imagination and endurance. brain gym exercises, effects exercise, free brain exercises, brain training exercises
* Reap the beneficial effects of this exercise by standing, arms length away from a wall, placing your hands (shoulder-width apart) against it.

* Extend your left leg straight out behind you so that the ball of your foot is on the floor and your heel is off the floor and your body is slanted at 45 degrees.

* Exhale, leaning forward against the wall while also bending your right heel and pressing your left heel against the floor. The more you bend the front knee, the more lengthening you will feel in the back of your left calf.

* Inhale and raise yourself back up while relaxing and raising the left heel. Do three or more times, completing a breath with each cycle. Alternate to the other leg and repeat.

8) The Elephant is a brain training exercise that activates all areas of the mind/body system & is highly recommended for children with attention deficit disorder.

* Place the left ear on the left shoulder then extending the left arm like the trunk of an elephant with knees relaxed, draw the infinity sign (crossing up in the middle) in front of you. Switch arms after three to five complete signs.

9) Energy Yawn is one of the Brain Gym Exercises that relieves the stress that interferes with learning & performance.
* Simply massage the muscles around the TMJ (temporal-mandibular joint) at the junction of the jaws.
10) Positive Points helps relieve stress & improve memory.
* Lightly touch the point above each eye halfway between the hairline and the eyebrow with fingertips of each hand. Close your eyes and breathe slowly and deeply for a few seconds. Release & repeat 3 times.

So there you have 10 good Brain Gym Exercises, just a sampling of what BGE offers. For more, simply pick up Smart Moves or look for a Brain Gym Exercises facility in your area.

Click to visit our umbrella page on brain exercises for more valuable information & links.

توقيع saadoony  

I was born on September 11th which is bad memory for The Americans
but I'm not satisfied about this and what happened in Afghanistan and Iraq
it's not Operation of Freedom it's an Operation of
Crusade, Massacre
and Revenge However, I'm proud being Muslim and I'm ain't Terrorist
and I just wanna practice my religion and I'll
Sacrifice my soul
and last blood drop for it cause I know at last I'm on the Heaven way

رد مع اقتباس

منتديات طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك عبد العزيز منتديات طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك عبد العزيز
قديم 09-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #2

i still feel ya

جامعي

الصورة الرمزية i still feel ya

تاريخ التسجيل: Jan 2009
كلية: كلية الآداب والعلوم الانسانية
التخصص: ENG..
نوع الدراسة: إنتساب
البلد: مكة المكرمة
الجنس: أنثى
المشاركات: 493
افتراضي رد: 10 Brain training exercises to boost learning

THANKS,,that's what we need:)

توقيع i still feel ya  

أريما رحلتي ؟! نقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة
عمل رثائي في الفقيدة ريما نواوي رحمها الله

"اللهم وفقني أصبر كل مريض, و أعطي أمل لكل يائس, و أرسم البسمة لكل حزين, وأشارك الضحكة مع كل سعيد"
اللهم اكتب لجميع من يقرأ كلماتي في هذه الساعه فرحة تغير بها مجرى حياتهم
للابد بالخي
ر

اللهم آمين..
اللهم آمين..
اللهم آمين...

i still feel ya غير متواجد حالياً   رد مع اقتباس

قديم 09-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #3

mohshehri

الصورة الرمزية mohshehri

تاريخ التسجيل: Jul 2009
التخصص: لغات اوربية
نوع الدراسة: إنتساب
المشاركات: 2,035

nice

توقيع mohshehri  

{ )وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُوا لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُوا بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ) (البقرة:186)

mohshehri غير متواجد حالياً   رد مع اقتباس

قديم 13-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #4

saadoony

الصورة الرمزية saadoony

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2009
كلية: كلية الآداب والعلوم الانسانية
التخصص: English Language
نوع الدراسة: متخرج - انتساب
البلد: منطقة الرياض
المشاركات: 2,329

If any one does not understand that just give me a loud horn and I'll translate it to Arabic

saadoony غير متواجد حالياً   رد مع اقتباس

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع إبحث في الموضوع
إبحث في الموضوع:

البحث المتقدم
انواع عرض الموضوع

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة