InstagramTwitterSnapChat

وصف

العودة   منتديات سكاو > الكليات الجامعية > منتدى كلية الآداب والعلوم الإنسانية > قسم اللغات الأوروبية و آدابها
التسجيل مشاركات اليوم البحث

هام جداً ....... رد الدكتور قرامي لطلاب المادة 213 الكتابة 1

قسم اللغات الأوروبية و آدابها

أدوات الموضوع إبحث في الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
منتديات طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك عبد العزيز منتديات طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك عبد العزيز
قديم 19-01-2012, 06:42 AM

المسكت المسكت غير متواجد حالياً

جامعي

تاريخ التسجيل: Dec 2009
التخصص: انجليزي
نوع الدراسة: إنتساب
المستوى: الثامن
الجنس: ذكر
المشاركات: 58
افتراضي هام جداً ....... رد الدكتور قرامي لطلاب المادة 213 الكتابة 1

اتصل بي الدكتور قرامي وهو بخارج المملكة ....... ويعتذر للجميع لعدم الرد لان راح يكون عليه الرد عبر الجوال مكلف جداً بخدمة تجوال وطلب مني الايميل وارسلي هذي على الايميل رداً على المتصلين عليه بخصوص الدرجة المرصدوة لهم لهذا الفصل الدراسي الاول لعام 1433هـ

An Important Message to External Students Registered in 213

I was shocked at the amount of emails, messages, and phone calls I received from students dissatisfied with their results. In theory, students have every right to question their marks should they think a mistake happened but this should be done using formal channels which I tried to explain many times before.

Students who attended the exam and received an IC: You most likely have contacted me in person or the chairman to explain your mitigating circumstances BEFORE the exam. IC is not usually possible for external students but I assigned it to those with genuine extenuating excuses (included bereaved or accident victims) to give them another chance to retake the exam without resorting to a DN or F.

Students who attended the exam and received a DN: In most cases, you fall in one of the following categories; a) you have not written your name/number in the answer sheet, or b) you have written you details incorrectly. In each case, I have a stack of papers that you need to go through in order to identify your own. There are formal procedures to be followed in order rectify your mark.

Students who attended the exam and failed (F): Be assured that all students who showed the basic understanding of academic writing have passed. There are occasions where it is virtually impossible for a student to pass even if he did well in the first part. These include (but are not limited to): a) deviations from the topics assigned in the exam, b) plain plagiarism either directly from the internet or by using a ready-mate template (only when we are certain plagiarism did occur, in many cases we gave students the benefit of the doubt and marked their papers accordingly), c) unacceptable levels of language or spelling, and d) not following the required structure of an academic essay.
The board of examiners have been extremely careful when marking the papers and upon my requests, any genuine attempt to write an essay (or anything remotely similar to it) must be rewarded with at least 10 marks. In theory, if you answer the first part correctly and made an effort to write an essay, you will get the necessary pass mark.

In two occasions, students brought along papers from an earlier exam designed solely for regional test takers. In these cases, the board of examiners which I chair have decided to fail the students and take no further action.

The board of examiners expects a minimum level from students in order to pass the course and engage in specialized courses. There is a fine balance between our expectations and leniency, and one should never subdue the other. If you fail, it usually means your writing does not meet the basic requirements of academic writing and you are most likely going to struggle in your following years in the department. If you pass, you still need to work hard but this means you satisfied the examiners with your ability to continue.

Students who attended the exam and passed with scores lower than their expectations: I was very meticulous while recording your final results. However, you are entitled to request a revision of your grade but you must follow the formal channels which can be explained in details by the secretary of the department (Mr. Aati Alsulami and Mr. Badr Fahad 026952345)

Finally, I have received extremely bizarre messages like a gentleman arguing that he praised me enough to guarantee him success. I like anyone else appreciate genuine feelings, positive or otherwise, but emotions have never been a determining factor in the final results.

I am currently enjoying my mid-term break abroad. I will return to my office on Saturday 28 January 2012 in sha Allah.

اعتذر لعدم الترجمة ................ اوعدك بروح اجتهد بترجمتها ان شاء الله خلال هاليومين وانتم طيبيين
رد مع اقتباس

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

الساعة الآن 09:18 PM