InstagramTwitterSnapChat

وصف

العودة   منتديات سكاو > الكليات الجامعية > منتدى كلية الآداب والعلوم الإنسانية > قسم اللغات الأوروبية و آدابها
التسجيل مشاركات اليوم البحث

ارجو مساعدتي في استخراج المين ايديا( فكرة رئيسيه) عاجلاً

قسم اللغات الأوروبية و آدابها

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع إبحث في الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
منتديات طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك عبد العزيز منتديات طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك عبد العزيز
قديم 24-04-2012, 08:03 PM
الصورة الرمزية ام بيلسان

ام بيلسان ام بيلسان غير متواجد حالياً

ام بيلسان

تاريخ التسجيل: Oct 2008
التخصص: لغات اوروبيه
نوع الدراسة: إنتساب
المستوى: الرابع
الجنس: أنثى
المشاركات: 26
Skaau.com (14) ارجو مساعدتي في استخراج المين ايديا( فكرة رئيسيه) عاجلاً

القطعه الاولى
[]The following paragraphs titled "Community Preferences" give various thoughts, ideas, and opinions about places to live and visit. Read them quickly then summarize the main ideas]

[]Community Preferences]
[]California? It's superlative—the most and the best! It includes the highest point in the continental United States, Mt. Whitney in the Sierra Nevada Mountains-14,496 feet high. It has the lowest point too, in Death Valley, at 280 feet below sea level. The high¬est and deepest lakes are in the state, along with the tallest and old¬est trees. The people grow the best vegetables and fruits; they produce the best cheese and wine. The pop¬ulation (number of people) is the largest of all the fifty U.S. states, even larger than that of some countries. The biggest Chinese community in the Western world is in San Fran¬cisco; more Mexicans live in the Los Angeles area than in any other place outside of Mexico. And California gets the most tourists and other travelers from other places. o­n the beach in my community, I meet a lot of visitors. What do they say about my wonderful city and state? They say it has the heaviest traffic, the worst smog (bad air), the most extreme weather, the strangest residents, the least culture, and the like. ]
[Addis Ababa, Ethiopia—now that's a great place to live! The industrialized capital of our country has modern tall Asmara buildings, schools of music and art, a good university, nice museums, and facilities for international meetings; even so, there are lots of natural open spaces and trees, and the climate is perfect—warm and sunny in the day-time and cool and comfortable at night. For me, the happiest most interesting place is the big open market, the mercato; it adds the most to our big, happy community! The eating places in town are inexpensive, and Ethiopian food is the best: we love the wide variety of nutritious fish, chicken, and meat dishes—as well as the vegetables d in hot-pepper sauce. We use a special kind of bread and our hands for eating and enjoy long, relaxed meals and delicious coffee with family and friends. So what do visitors have to complain about? They say the desert areas are too hot, dry, and.empty. They tell us they don't feel safe or comfortable. They criticize our business activities and regulations, our laws, our customs, and o­n and o­n and o­n

[I travel a lot all over the world, and many travelers visit my homeland too. I live in Iceland, an island country in the North Atlantic Ocean. Tourists come here by plane or boat. They stay in warm, comfortable hotels. They love the beautiful natural places, like the high, snowy mountains and volcanos, the glaciers (rivers or fields of ice), the hot springs (water from un¬der the earth), and the high desert flatlands with no buildings or landmarks for kilometers around. They enjoy skiing, hiking (walking in natural areas), fishing, and other great sports. They learn about our rich history, literature, and culture. They attend wonderful summer festivals and public celebrations. They eat our food—a large variety of dishes to choose from: shark meat, whale steaks, all kinds of fish prepared in unusual ways, sheep parts, dairy desserts, and so o­n. We even serve a hot alcoholic drink made from potatoes. Even so, our visitors complain and complain. What's their problem? They don't like our high prices[/font]

القطعه الثانيه

More reading practice:
The following two readings describe two very different family housing situations. Read them quickly then summarize the main ideas.

Our New Home
My family and I lived in a rented apartment until last spring. We weren't happy there because the building was crowded and noisy, and he manager didn't use to fix things. We decided to move. But most available apartments in this city were even worse, and the rent was higher. So we started to look for a house to buy. It was very difficult to find a house! Homes in quiet, beautiful neighborhoods were too expensive. We found a few inexpensive houses, but the areas were dangerous. Prices in all areas seemed to go up every day, and we needed to find a place fast, For these reasons, we were beginning to get nervous. Finally, my husband and I found a small house in a neighborhood that wasn't bad. The problem was the house itself. It was advertised as a real "fixer-upper." That meant it was ugly. It needed paint. The wallpaper was horrible; there were scenes of deserts and jungles all over the bedroom walls! The carpet was in terrible condition, and it was orange. The porch and roof needed repairs. The "garden" consisted of dirt, weeds, and a few half-dead plants with insects all over them. When our kids first saw their new home, they burst into tears. I understood that. I wanted to cry too. Well, the four of us made a decision to share the work and spend our sum¬mer vacation o­n the house. We cleaned up the yard and painted the house. We fixed the porch and the front steps and the roof. We removed the ugly wallpaper and carpet. We planted trees and grass. Day by day, this horrible little house was beginning to feel like home. Now we're happy here. The kids are content— except for o­ne thing. It's their job to cut the grass every weekend.

No Home At All
My father died when I was three years old, and I didn't have a happy childhood. I left home when I was sixteen. My sister and mother moved to another state, so I never talk to them anymore. I'm forty years old now, and I live o­n the streets. I used to be married, but my wife divorced me because of my alcohol problem. I lost my job and never found another o­ne. After a while, I didn't have any money for rent, so I lost my apart¬ment too. Now I sleep outside in quiet areas of the city. People call me "the Can Man" because I collect empty cans and bottles early in the morning. I sell the cans and bottles and buy food and other things with the money. About a year ago, I decided to write a book about the experiences of a homeless man. My English isn't very good, so I needed to take some English courses. After I saved enough money, I registered for a creative writing course at the local community college. Now I write during the day and study more English at night. If my book is good, I may not be homeless for much longer. I don't need a fancy home, but I miss sleeping in a bed with a roof over my head
ولكم منى جزيل الشكر
رد مع اقتباس

إضافة رد

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع