InstagramTwitterSnapChat

وصف

العودة   منتديات سكاو > الكليات الجامعية > منتدى كلية الآداب والعلوم الإنسانية > قسم اللغات الأوروبية و آدابها
التسجيل مشاركات اليوم البحث

تجمع طالبات البويتري مع الدكتورة ناريمان 2010....

قسم اللغات الأوروبية و آدابها

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع إبحث في الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
منتديات طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك عبد العزيز منتديات طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك عبد العزيز
قديم 13-05-2010, 10:47 PM   #371

شاده حيلي

جامعي

تاريخ التسجيل: Feb 2010
نوع الدراسة: إنتظام
المستوى: السابع
الجنس: أنثى
المشاركات: 45
افتراضي رد: تجمع طالبات البويتري مع الدكتورة ناريمان 2010....

Lines 1-5
It little profits that an idle king,
By this still hearth, among these barren crags,
Match'd with an aged wife, I mete and dole
Unequal laws unto a savage race,
That hoard, and sleep, and feed, and know not me.

The poem begins by telling us that a king gains nothing from just sitting around by the fire with his wife and making laws for people who don't even know him.
The speaker at first seems at to be some kind of observer or impersonal figure who knows a lot about how to be a king, but in line 3 we learn that the king himself, Ulysses, is speaking.
The phrase "it little profits" is another way of saying, "it is useless" or "it isn't beneficial."
"Mete" means "to allot" or "measure out." Here it refers to the king's allotment of rewards and punishments to his subjects.
"Unequal" doesn't mean that the rewards and punishments are unjust or unfair, but rather variable.
"Match'd" doesn't refer to a tennis match or other sporting event; it means something like "paired" or "partnered with."
Ulysses' subjects are presented to us as a large group of drones who do nothing but eat and sleep.
Lines 6-11
I cannot rest from travel: I will drink
Life to the lees: all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone; on shore, and when
Through scudding drifts the rainy Hyades
Vexed the dim sea:

After his moralistic opening, Ulysses tells us more about why sitting around doling out rewards and punishments bores him.
We learn that he is a restless spirit who doesn't want to take a break from roaming the ocean in search of adventure. He will not let life pass him by.
The word "lees" originally referred to the sediment accumulated at the bottom of a bottle of wine; to "drink life to the lees" means to drink to the very last drop. Nowadays we might say something like "live life to the fullest."
Ulysses tells us that he has had a lot of good times and a lot of bad times, sometimes with his best friends, and sometimes alone, both on dry land and while sailing through potentially destructive storms.
"Scudding drifts" are pounding showers of rain that one might encounter at sea during a storm or while crab fishing off the coast of Alaska.
The "Hyades" are a group of stars in the constellation Taurus often associated with rain; their rising in the sky generally coincides with the rainy season. Here they are presented as agitators of the ocean.

شاده حيلي غير متواجد حالياً   رد مع اقتباس

منتديات طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك عبد العزيز منتديات طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك عبد العزيز
قديم 13-05-2010, 10:49 PM   #372

شاده حيلي

جامعي

…I am become a name;
For always roaming with a hungry heart
Much have I seen and known – cities of men
And manners, climates, councils, governments,
Myself not least, but honoured of them all –
And drunk delight of battle with my peers,
Far on the ringing plains of windy Troy,
I am a part of all that I have met;

Ulysses elaborates on the good times and bad times – well, mostly the good times – he's enjoyed during his travels.
The phrase "I am become a name" means something like "become a household name." Ulysses has become famous because he's traveled to so many places.
Ulysses tells us that he's visited a variety of different places, with different manners, weather, governments, etc. He portrays himself as a Renaissance traveler of sorts with an insatiable desire ("hungry heart") to see as many places as he can, try as many foods as he can, etc.
The phrase "myself not least, but honoured of them all" is a little tricky. It means something like "I wasn't treated like the least little thing but was honored by everybody I met."
Ulysses also describes the time he spent "on the ringing plains of windy Troy," the famous city where the Trojan War took place: you know, that famous war dramatized in the Brad Pitt movie Troy? The "plains" are "ringing" because of the armor clashing together in battle.
"I am a part of all that I have met" is a strange phrase. Usually we say something like "all the places I have seen are now a part of me." The phrase suggests that Ulysses left parts of himself everywhere he went; this sounds like another way of saying "I don't belong here in Ithaca."
Lines 19-24
Yet all experience is an arch wherethrough
Gleams that untravelled world, whose margin fades
For ever and for ever when I move.
How dull it is to pause, to make an end,
To rust unburnished, not to shine in use!
As though to breathe were life!

Ulysses further justifies his desire to keep traveling and living a life of adventure.
He compares his life or experiences to an arch and describes the "untravelled world" as a place that "gleams" at him through that arch. All he has to do is walk through the arch…
The first two lines of the passage are very tricky, and we're not entirely sure what they mean. One way to read "Untravelled world" is as a reference to death; it is always looking at him through the "arch" of his experiences, but somehow seems to recede ("margin fades") as he keeps moving.
You could also think of the "Untravelled world" as an arch. As Ulysses moves, his experiences make an arch covering the arch of the "Untravelled world." The more he travels, the more the margins or edges of that world recede or are covered up.
Ulysses reiterates how boring it is just sitting around when he could be out exploring the world. It's a lot like that feeling you get when you're just getting into the rhythm of things and have to stop.
He likens himself to some kind of llic instrument that is still perfectly useful and shiny but just rusts if nobody uses it, like that ancient bicycle in your garage. If Ulysses weren't a soldier, he might say he's just collecting dust.
For Ulysses, life is about more than just "breathing" and going through the motions; it's about adventure.

قديم 13-05-2010, 10:50 PM   #373

شاده حيلي

جامعي

شوفوا بالرابط فيه تكملت الشرح ودعوااتكم لي يااابنااات

http://www.shmoop.com/ulysses-tennys...8-summary.html

قديم 13-05-2010, 11:17 PM   #374

ღحلا الدنيـاღ

اللهم لك الحمد والشكر

الصورة الرمزية ღحلا الدنيـاღ

تاريخ التسجيل: Sep 2008
التخصص: EnGl!Sh
المستوى: متخرج
المشاركات: 915

السلام عليكم ,,

بنات شعبة الساعة 12 قالت المسز معانا بس 4 قصائد مو 5 ,,

ممكن تكتبو اسمائها نسيت واحده : (

ღحلا الدنيـاღ غير متواجد حالياً   رد مع اقتباس

قديم 13-05-2010, 11:33 PM   #375

ღحلا الدنيـاღ

اللهم لك الحمد والشكر

Paragraph Analysis of "How do I Love Thee" Elizabeth Barret Browning

Elizabeth Barret Browning in "How do I Love Thee" expresses the
eternal nature of love and its power to overcome everything, including death. Line 1 serves as the poem's introduction and captures the reader's attention with a simple question, "How do I Love Thee?" The remainder of the poem serves as an answer as the poem's speaker counts the ways. The repetition of "I love thee" serves as a constant reminder, but it is the depth of love, not the quantity of love, that gives the poem its power: She loves. for example, "the depth and breadth and height / My soul can reach," and "To the level of every day's / Most quiet need." The ultimate expression of her enduring love occurs in the last line which states her love will be stronger "after death."

مساااعده بسيطة : ) حبيت اشاركم فيها ياااارب تفيد ,,

قديم 14-05-2010, 02:40 AM   #376

[ نون ]

.. ~ الحمد لله تخرجنا <3

تاريخ التسجيل: Jun 2008
التخصص: ادب انجليزي
المشاركات: 134

حلا الدنيا

القصايد هي :

How do I love thee

I wish I could remember that first day

Dover beach

Mericals

[ نون ] غير متواجد حالياً   رد مع اقتباس

قديم 14-05-2010, 08:51 AM   #377

nooni

متفائله دائمــاً

الصورة الرمزية nooni

تاريخ التسجيل: Feb 2009
التخصص: إنجليزي
نوع الدراسة: انتظام
المستوى: الخامس
المشاركات: 957

شادة حيلي & حلى الدنيا
ربنا يوفقكم ويسهل عليكم يارب

توقيع nooni  

nooni غير متواجد حالياً   رد مع اقتباس

قديم 14-05-2010, 10:51 AM   #378

ღحلا الدنيـاღ

اللهم لك الحمد والشكر

nooni - نــون - شاده حيلي ,,

ربي يسعدكم ويوفقكم ..

بنات هذا الويب سايت رووووعه شرح
DOVER BEACH

بالتفصيل الممل ,,
ولو بحثتو راح تلاقو قصائد كثير من اللي بندرسها ,,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dover_Beach

ياااارب وفقنا

قديم 14-05-2010, 02:21 PM   #379

اخت سلطان

جامعي

الصورة الرمزية اخت سلطان

تاريخ التسجيل: Jun 2009
التخصص: لغات اوروبية انجليزي
المستوى: الثامن
المشاركات: 84

مساااء الخيرااات
بناات الشعبة الثاانيه قصيدهthe first day مااحصلت لها شروحاات بالنت ياليت الي عندها تنزله بالمنتدى

الله يوفق الجميع

اخت سلطان غير متواجد حالياً   رد مع اقتباس

قديم 14-05-2010, 02:48 PM   #380

nooni

متفائله دائمــاً

الصورة الرمزية nooni

تاريخ التسجيل: Feb 2009
التخصص: إنجليزي
نوع الدراسة: انتظام
المستوى: الخامس
المشاركات: 957

قصدك اي شعبة؟؟
شعبة 9 عندنا a birth day

nooni غير متواجد حالياً   رد مع اقتباس

إضافة رد

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة