عرض مشاركة واحدة
منتديات طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك عبد العزيز منتديات طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك عبد العزيز
قديم 25-08-2008, 06:38 PM   #127

Jasmine Al-Qahtani

يارب يسّر أمري

الصورة الرمزية Jasmine Al-Qahtani

تاريخ التسجيل: Jun 2008
نوع الدراسة: إنتظام
الجنس: أنثى
المشاركات: 989
افتراضي رد: أصدقــاء للأبـد Friend 4 Ever

English to show you care

Life is full of special occasions where the perfect words can make a world of a difference. Some situations are delicate where we search for words that can provide comfort and condolence. Others are celebrations where we want to express our congratulations to someone special. We’ve compiled some useful expressions to use in life's special and serious situations.

Weddings

If two friends decide to tie the knot and get married, it is a joyous occasion indeed! Be sure to say "Congratulations!" to the bride and groom. Whether you’re at the wedding or writing a card, you can add, "I wish you the best of happiness in the years to come."

Birth of a child

If a new bundle of joy has come into this world, tell the proud parents, "Congratulations!" If you don't already know the sex of the baby, follow up by asking, "Is it a boy or a girl?" If you're shown a photo, be sure to say, "She's adorable!", "He's so cute!" or "She takes after her mother!"

Illness

If you're feeling sick, it's always nice to hear a sincere, "How are you feeling?" Phrases such as "Take care of yourself", "Get well soon!" or "I hope you feel better soon!" are also appropriate for minor illnesses. If the situation is more serious, you may want to say, "My thoughts and prayers are with you."

Bereavement

If someone you know has experienced the loss of a loved one, they are certain to be experiencing a lot of heartache. In this delicate situation, telling them, "I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your loved one (father/mother/brother, etc.)" is appropriate. You can add, "If there is anything I can do for you, let me know."

From English Town

Js

توقيع Jasmine Al-Qahtani  

اللهم إنـك عفوٌ تحب العفو فاعـفُ عنّـا

Life becomes precious and more special to us when we look for the little everyday miracles and get
excited about the privileges of simply being human

Told By :
Tim Hansel

Jasmine Al-Qahtani غير متواجد حالياً   رد مع اقتباس