عرض مشاركة واحدة
منتديات طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك عبد العزيز منتديات طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك عبد العزيز
قديم 22-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #43

ليه هلون

جامعي

تاريخ التسجيل: Dec 2010
نوع الدراسة: إنتساب
المستوى: السابع
الجنس: ذكر
المشاركات: 57
افتراضي رد: تجمع الطلاب علم الدلالة Semantics LANE 438 المفيد. الاسئلة . نقاط مهمة

المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة ngham مشاهدة المشاركة
semantics
dr. Sabri aoidhah
semantics: A coursebook
by james r hurford
and
brendan heasley

answer with true or false:

1- if one knows the meaning of a word, is one therefore necessarily able to produce a clear and precise definition of its meaning (t )
2- an utterance is any stretch of talk, by one person before and after which there is silence on the part of the person (t )
3- accent and voice quality belong strictly to the utterance, not to the sentence uttered (t)
4- true propositions correspond to facts, in the ordinary sense of the word fact (t)
5- sentences in different languages can correspond to the same proposition, if the two sentences are perfect translation of each other (t)
6- a foreigner learn the meanings of his very first words of english by having their typical referents pointed out to him (t)
7- a predicator is any word (or sequence of words) which (in a given single sense) can function as the predicator of a sentence (t)
8- semantics are concerned with the meaning of sentence only (f)
9- speaker meaning is what a speaker means (i, e intend to convey) (t)
10- there is no utterance in the book (t)
11- is ((helen rolled up the carpet)) and ((helen rolled the carpet up)) a different sentences ( t)
13- is ((i almost fell over)) and ((i nearly fell over)) means the same ( t)
14- is ((harriet wrote the answer down)) and ((harriet wrote down the answer)) means the same ( t)
15- he in '' if anyone ever married nancy, he is in for a bad time '' is a referring expression (f)
16-it in '' every man who owns a donkey beats it'' is a referring expression (f)
17- is dundee is between aberdeen acceptable (f)
18- philips is handsome, is handsome a one-place predicator (t)
19- could brother be called a two- place predicator (t)

choose the correct answer:

1- which of the following is a constant reference
a- wednesday b- sugar c- dessert

2- is the man who shot abaham lincoln in '' the man who shot abraham lincoln was an unemployed actor ''
a- referring expression b- c-

3- ………………….. A part of a sentence which could be made into a complete sentence by the addition of referring expression .
A- an opaque context b- c-

4- which is a predictor
a- give b- gave

5- '' your marble is under my chair '' has
a- 2 referring expressions b- one

6- our next guest is dr kunastrokins is
a- equative b- c-

7- these matches were made in india . Is india
a- a referring expression b- c-

8- (( i have an account at the bank of scotland ))(( we steered the raft to the other bank of the river )) i bank in the booth sentences has:
A- different meaning b- same meaning

9- which is a variable reference:
A- nile river b- mohammed c –

اعتقد مو نفس منهجنا لان اسم المؤلف مختلف

وانتبهوا من الحل فيه اخطاء وممكن تشتت

1- f
10- f

ليه هلون غير متواجد حالياً   رد مع اقتباس