عرض مشاركة واحدة
منتديات طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك عبد العزيز منتديات طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك عبد العزيز
قديم 09-04-2010, 10:26 PM   #10

ali2006

ابو تركي

تاريخ التسجيل: Mar 2008
التخصص: لغة انجليزية
نوع الدراسة: إنتساب
المستوى: متخرج
الجنس: ذكر
المشاركات: 379
افتراضي رد: اسئلة lane 341 (( مقدمة ف الادب )) من الدورة التأهيليهـ !!

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاتة

هذه الصفحة يوجد بها حوالى 80% من اسئلة الاختبار ل 341 وهي مهمة جدا نرجوا من الاخوان المشاركة بالحل

اتقدم بالشكر الجزيل للاخوان والاخوات على جمع المعلومات والاسئلة والجهد الكبير
وعلى رأسهم الخبير و بلومير

341 Intro. To Literature
First Semester 1431 H / 2010 (A) Final Test
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………
10 marks)) Answer in complete sentences.
I-what was the job of Mr. Lantin ?
II- how much land did Pahom buy from the lady landowner living close to his village ?
III – Which character does not suffer from any physical ailment or malady in the novel?
IV- What does Higgins say about woman?
VI- when Alfred Doolittle says he is willing to sell his daughter for fifty pounds, Pickering asks him if he has no morals . What does Alfred say to reply ?

Choose the correct answer. (10 marks)

1-When the Flower Girl gets in the taxi at Covent Garden after the thunderstorm, where does she initially tell the taxicab to take her?
Bucknam Pellis [Buckingham Palace]

2-Higgins claims that English is the language of ?
(D) Shakespeare, Milton, and The Bible

3- What excuse does Winterbourne give for being unable to introduce Daisy to his aunt?
(B) She hardly socializes at all
(C) She has these terrible headaches

4-During their trip to Chillon, why does Daisy get angry at Winterbourne?
He tells her he’s leaving Vevey soon

5- Which character, after Daisy, seems least concerned with social convention?
Giovanelli

Answer any two of these quotations ? (20 marks)

(a) '' I haven't the least idea what such young ladies expect a man to do .But I realy think that you had better not meddle with little American girls that are uncultivated , as you call them , you have lived too long out of the country . you will be sure to make some great mistake .''

(b) "It's quite true that your father is not a snob, and that he will be quite at home in any station of life to which his eccentric destiny may call him. [Seriously] The great secret, Eliza, is not having bad manners or good manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls: in short, behaving as if you were in Heaven, where there are no third-class carriages, and one soul is as good as another".

(c) - ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
( ) ç ç write the litter of the quotation .
1 – who is speaker ?
2- to whom ?
3- where were this happen ?
4- What is the subject of this passage ?

( ) ç ç write the litter of the quotation .
1-who is speaker ?
2- to whom ?
3- where were this happen ?
4- what is the meaning of this passage ?

Question number three. (15 marks )

1-Describe the themes of the drama ,Pygmalion ? and give examples from the Drama ?
OR
2- Describe the relationship between Daisy Miller and Giovanelli and ____-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?

Give short answer to any three of the following questions. (30 marks)
1-What is the main idea of the poem ,'' I wandered lonely as a cloud '' ?
2-Write a summary of " The Chimney Sweeper '' ?
3- Write a note on the character of Mr.Lantin of the story ,'' The Jewelry" ?
4-In the story of " How much land does a man need " the author introduces Idea or message about human nature ,what was the nature of conflict between Pahoom and the devil ? How does it start and how does it end ?

Define any three of the following terms ? and give example ? (15 marks )
1-personification
2- Genre
3-Irony
4-Satire
5-Imagery

341 Intro. To Literature
Summer 1429 -30 (A) Final Test
1 – Answer in complete sentence. (20 marks)
I – What was the job of Mr. Lantin ? What was his salary?
II- What were the two weaknesses of Mrs. Lantin ?
III- How much land did Pahom buy from the lady landowner living close to his village ?
IV- What does Daisy say when Winterbourne suggests that she an Giovanelli might be in loves ?
V- Which character does not suffer from any Physical aliment or malady in the novel ?
VI-What does Giovanelli tell Winterbourne about Daisy when they were at Daisy's funeral ?
VII- On her deathbed, What does Daisy want Winterbourne to know ?
VIII-What does Eliza usually wear to sleep ?
IX-When Alfred Doolittle says he is willing to sell his daughter for fifty pounds Pickering asks him if he has no moral. What does Alfred say in reply ?
X-"They are all idiots'' Which character of Pygmalion speaks this sentence ?

2- Who spoke these sentences? Answer any five. (15 marks)
(a) '' I haven't the least idea what such young ladies expect a man to do .But I realy think that you had better not meddle with little American girls that are uncultivated , as you call them , you have lived too long out of the country . you will be sure to make some great mistake .'
(b)"I suppose the woman wants to live her own life; and the man wants to live his; and each tries to drag the other on to the wrong track. One wants to go north and the other south; and the result is that both have to go east, though they both hate the east wind''

(c) ''Loss and gain are brothers twin.''

(d)''Happy the man who wins her love! He could not find a better wife."

(e) ''All right, we will have a tussle. I'll give you land enough; and by means of that land I will get you into my power."

(f)" You silly boy, of course shes not presentable. She is a triumph of your art and Of her dressmaker's; but if you suppose for a moment that she doesn't give herself away in every sentence she utters, you must be perfectly cracked about her.''

3- Describe the themes of the drama, Pygmalion. (15 marks)

4-Describe Daisy's relationship with Mr. Winterbourne? What strong and weak points do you find in Daisy? Give examples from the novel. (15 marks)

5-Give short answer to any two of the following questions. (20 marks)
(a)What is the main idea of the poem, "I wandered lonely as a cloud"
(b)Write a summary of "The Chimney Sweeper"
(c)Write a note on the character of Mr. Lantin of the story, "The Jewelry"

6- Define ANY FIVE of the following terms: (15 marks)
(a) satire (b) conflict (c) personification (d) alliteration (e) protagonist (f) theme
(g) genre (h) phor

ودمتم بود

توقيع ali2006  

If you think education is expensive -- try ignorance.
اذا كنت تعتقد ان التعليم ثمنه باهض ... جرب الجهل قد يكون أقل كلفة

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة ali2006 ; 09-04-2010 الساعة 10:29 PM.
ali2006 غير متواجد حالياً   رد مع اقتباس