عرض مشاركة واحدة
منتديات طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك عبد العزيز منتديات طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك عبد العزيز
قديم 21-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #2

ngham

جامعي

تاريخ التسجيل: Dec 2010
كلية: كلية الآداب والعلوم الانسانية
التخصص: English Language
نوع الدراسة: متخرج - انتساب
المستوى: متخرج
البلد: خميس مشيط
الجنس: ذكر
المشاركات: 698
افتراضي رد: تجمع الطلاب علم الدلالة Semantics LANE 438 المفيد. الاسئلة . نقاط مهمة

SEMANTICS
Dr. Sabri Aoidhah
Semantics: a coursebook
By James R Hurford
And
Brendan Heasley

Answer with True or False:

1- If one knows the meaning of a word, is one therefore necessarily able to produce a clear and precise definition of its meaning (T )
2- An utterance is any stretch of talk, by one person before and after which there is silence on the part of the person (T )
3- Accent and voice quality belong strictly to the utterance, not to the sentence uttered (T)
4- True propositions correspond to facts, in the ordinary sense of the word fact (T)
5- Sentences in different languages can correspond to the same proposition, if the two sentences are perfect translation of each other (T)
6- A foreigner learn the meanings of his very first words of English by having their typical referents pointed out to him (T)
7- A predicator is any word (or sequence of words) which (in a given single sense) can function as the predicator of a sentence (T)
8- Semantics are concerned with the meaning of sentence only (F)
9- Speaker meaning is what a speaker means (I, e intend to convey) (T)
10- There is no utterance in the book (T)
11- Is ((Helen rolled up the carpet)) and ((Helen rolled the carpet up)) a different sentences ( T)
13- Is ((I almost fell over)) and ((I nearly fell over)) means the same ( T)
14- Is ((Harriet wrote the answer down)) and ((Harriet wrote down the answer)) means the same ( T)
15- He in '' If anyone ever married Nancy, he is in for a bad time '' is a referring expression (F)
16-it in '' Every man who owns a donkey beats it'' is a referring expression (F)
17- Is Dundee is between Aberdeen acceptable (F)
18- Philips is handsome, is handsome a one-place predicator (T)
19- Could brother be called a two- place predicator (T)

Choose the correct answer:

1- which of the following is a Constant Reference
a- Wednesday b- Sugar c- Dessert

2- Is the man who shot Abaham Lincoln in '' The man who shot Abraham Lincoln was an unemployed actor ''
a- Referring Expression b- c-

3- ………………….. a part of a sentence which could be made into a complete sentence by the addition of referring expression .
a- An Opaque Context b- c-

4- Which is a predictor
a- give b- gave

5- '' Your marble is under my chair '' has
a- 2 referring expressions b- one

6- Our next guest is Dr Kunastrokins is
a- Equative b- c-

7- These matches were made in India . Is India
a- a referring expression b- c-

8- (( I have an account at the bank of Scotland ))(( We steered the raft to the other bank of the river )) I bank in the booth sentences has:
a- different meaning b- same meaning

9- which is a variable reference:
a- Nile river b- Mohammed c –

ngham غير متواجد حالياً   رد مع اقتباس